The Junior League of Summit provides opportunities for women to develop skills that will allow them to become effective volunteer leaders and to make a positive and lifelong impact in in their communities.
Junior League members reflect a wide range of backgrounds, interests, and professional pursuits who work together to identify unmet needs, forge effective coalitions, and work for change. Our membership includes executives, community leaders, mothers, entrepreneurs and professionals and we welcome women of all races, religions and national origins.
A prospective member must have a passion for voluntarism, a commitment to community service, and an interest in developing her leadership potential.
Benefits to Membership in the Junior League of Summit:
- An internal network of over 400 members encompassing varied backgrounds, education and talents. This strength of our membership offers you personal support for success throughout your involvement with our community. Your interaction with other women interested in community se rvice will be invaluable.
- Development of leadership abilities and management skills not easily obtained elsewhere including training for effective community leadership, advocacy, community research, fundraising, finance, public relations, conflict resolution and personal development.
- Insight into community needs, access to community leaders and exposure to creative strategies in problem solving and administration of a non-profit organization.
- Membership in an international organization. The Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. is an international network of 292 Junior Leagues in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Great Britain with 200,000 members worldwide.
- An opportunity to make lifelong friends and the ability to transfer membership to other Junior Leagues around the world.
- The power of voluntarism in Berkeley Heights, Chatham, New Providence and Summit! For 80 years, the JLS has often been one of the first organizations to tackle our community's biggest challenges. Women building better communities - that's the Junior League!
Our New Member training course begins in the Fall. If you have questions or are interested in joining our next New Member class, please contact our office:
Junior League of Summit
Thank you for your interest!