Items for Donation
We graciously will accept the following donations at
37 DeForest Ave., starting January 27:
ACCEPTED DONATIONS: We generally accept most items. Our most popularly donated items include:
DONATIONS WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Toys made prior to 1979 (in keeping with government regulations)
- lawn darts
- Kitchen knives
- Sleeping pillows
- Car Seats past expiration date (please check the back of your seat for date) or car seats that have been involved in a car accident.
- Couches or other large furniture pieces
- Playards that do not comply with current safety standards. Current production play yards and playpens have top rails that automatically lock into place when the play yard or playpen is fully set up. CPSC and manufacturers have recalled more than 10 million play yards and playpens with protruding hardware or rotating top rails. Please see the CPSC website for a complete list.
- Children's clothing with drawstring ties (it is a strangulation hazard to have any drawstring at the neck area, or drawstrings over 3 inch in length at the waist area)
- hairdryers without protection against electrocution. This protection is provided by a large rectangular-shaped safety plug at the end of the cord.
- Halogen torchiere floor lamps without wire safety guards to protect against fire hazard.
- Any other item that has been recalled by the CPSC
We maintain a log of all items recalled by the CPSC and make it a priority to maintain a selling floor free of any such items. Should you have any questions, we encourage you to check on the government website at www.cpsc.gov