What We Do
Women building better communities. That's the Junior League of Summit (JLS). We have been the driving force behind the types of initiatives and institutions that make our community a healthier, more vital place to live. Our 400+ Junior League members reflect a wide range of backgrounds, interests, and professional pursuits but they work together to identify unmet needs, forge effective coalitions, and work for change. Time and time again, the Junior League is often one of the first organizations to tackle our community's biggest challenges.
The JLS Mission Statement
The Junior League of Summit, Inc. is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
The JLS Reaching Out Statement
The Junior League of Summit, Inc. reaches out to women of all races, religions, and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
The JLS Policy Statement
The Junior League of Summit, Inc. is focused on advancing the interests of children and families in and around the communities of Berkeley Heights, Chatham, New Providence, and Summit, New Jersey.
JLS Focus Areas
Supporting local non-profits and improving children’s lives.
- Visible community programs that make a positive impact in the community and for which the JLS is recognized
- A strong and growing membership base of motivated and talented women, dedicated to our mission, who feel valued for their contributions to the JLS
- A membership structure that is flexible and encourages participation of members
- Educated members who are trained to be effective, well-rounded community leaders and volunteers
- A solid financial base that supports the League’s mission now and into the future